Salmon is definitely one of my favorite things to eat. Not only does it taste delicious, but it’s loaded with Omega- 3s, high in B vitamins, and is a great source of protein. I ate this salmon with my baby artichokes, but you can do any healthy side dish of your choice
Sweet and Spicy Wild Salmon
- 3 organic dates
- 3 tablespoons of olive walnut, or avocado oil
- 4 teaspoons of chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper or less for less spicy – 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Salmon fillets 4 oz each
- Combine the chilli powder, lemon zest, cinnamon, cumin and salt together on a plate big enough to fit the salmon; set aside.
- Blend the dates and oil in a food processor and blend until the dates have dissolved into the oil.
- Rub all over salmon, then dip the salmon into the spices to coat. Place in an 11 x7 in baking dish coated with organic oil. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until fish flakes easily with a fork (15-20 minutes)