Saturday brunch! For this super simple meal, I sautéed sweet potato shreds with onion, garlic and spices, added in kale and topped with an egg and some micro greens! If I had a ripe avocado on hand, I would have added that too but I think adding tomatoes, jalapeños, or cilantro (if you like it!) would also be delicious additions. Add it to your recipe rotation for brunch (or dinner— I’m not judging!)
Sweet Potato and Mushroom Medley with a Fried Egg
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful of sweet potato ribbons
- 1/4 cup of mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 1 handful of kale diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Hot sauce of choice I used one from Siete
- In a small non-stick pan over medium heat, add 1 TBSP of olive oil and sauté sweet potatoes and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Add kale and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and plate.
- Add 1 TBSP of oil or ghee and crack the egg into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until white is set, then cover the pan for one minute (or flip) until yolk is set.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add kale, sweet potatoes and mushrooms to plate and top with fried egg.
- Top with hot sauce of your choice (I used siete jalepeno and habanero flavors)