With a dough that’s made fresh, it’s no wonder my homemade pizzas are highly requested by family and friends. And I know you guys have been waiting for this recipe for a while. If you’re gluten-free, you’ve likely tried some pretty mediocre pizza crusts. This one blows them all out of the water. The finished crust is soft and chewy, but still has those delicious crispy and crusty edges. PS If you do not have a scale, the general conversion from grams to tbsps is 20 grams being equal to about 1.3 tbsp.
The Best Gluten-Free Pizza Dough
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a small bowl whisk together the water, honey and yeast. Set aside to allow the yeast to activate, about 5 minutes or until it’s foamy.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flours, starches, psyllium husk, salt and xanthan gum.
- Once the yeast has activated and is foamy on top add the oil, stirring to combine.
- Pour the yeast into the flour and stir vigorously until it’s smooth and forms a dough. Set aside and prep toppings.
- Coat your fingers with flour and carefully spread it to a 12-inch circle. Add sauce and toppings as desired.
- Bake at 450F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.