The week in between Christmas and NYE is always so weird— does anyone even know what day of the week it is ?😂 I’ve been getting so many questions about easy recipes to make this week and I have a great healthy and delicious soup recipe for you! I know many have been cooking up a storm for the holidays so now’s the time to let the blender do the work! Enjoy!
The perfect winter soup: Kombucha Squash
- 1 medium size kabocha squash seeded and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium- size red onion
- 1 tbsp za’atar
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4-5 cups of boiling water
- Celtic salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 F
- Arrange seeded and wedged kabocha squash on a baking sheet
- Roast the squash for 25 minutes or until it’s tender when pierced with a fork
- Heat coconut oil in a soup, pot add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add za’atar, lemon juice, garlic, and tahini to the sautéed onion. Add the roasted squash and 4-5 cups of boiling water
- Simmer for 30 minutes and then take off heat. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to blender and blend until smooth