Eat the rainbow! Here’s a great lunchbox idea for back to school (even though it may be at home) that even the kids will love! Of course, I came up with a deeeeelicious almond butter thai dipping sauce recipe to pair with them. Dip it, drizzle it or just simply enjoy!
Veggie Spring Rolls with a Thai Almond Butter Sauce
- 1 package of spring roll rice paper
- 1 bundle collard greens
- 1 bunch of rainbow carrots
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 handful basil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large avocado
Ingredients for the sauce
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/8 cup organic tahini
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt pepper and cayenne to taste
- To prepare, chop all vegetables into slices, and have ready next to a clean, dry cutting board.
- Fill a shallow bowl with water and dip one spring roll rice paper into the water, submerging for around 10 seconds. Shake lightly before placing on the clean cutting board.
- Add your vegetables! You can use what you love but today, I just used what I had in my fridge: collard greens, carrots, cucumber, peppers and a little avocado.
- To wrap, roll up like a burrito, tucking in the left and right sides before finishing the roll.
- To prepare the sauce, add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until well combined.