My Winter Salad with Pear and Chicken is a delicious and satisfying meal that is perfect for the colder months. It features tender chicken (you could even use a store-bought rotisserie chicken!), sweet pear, colorful purple potatoes, nutritious kale, and crunchy nuts. The pear and ginger dressing adds a burst of flavor to the dish, making it taste even more irresistible. This salad is packed with a variety of flavors and textures, and it’s sure to become a new favorite in your household. Plus, we’ve got protein, healthy fat, a little fruit and tons of veggies. So, if you’re looking for a hearty and flavorful salad that is perfect for winter, give this recipe a try! X
Winter Salad with Pear and Chicken
Ingredients for the salad:
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 purple potato cubed
- 1 bundle of kale ribbed and chopped
- 1 radicchio chopped
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 pear diced
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
For the dressing:
- 1/2 large pear
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp ginger juice
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp vinegar I used pomegranate but any light vinegar would be good— think apple cider vinegar would be delicious
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 large sage leaves
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to warm skillet and add purple potatoes, sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Rib kale then chop into smaller pieces. Chop radicchio and onion and set aside.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of water to purple potato skillet and cook until tender. Remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Add 2 more tbsp of olive oil to the skillet. Add onion to skillet on medium low, until turns golden brown (about 4-5 minutes). Add raddichio and kale to skillet with onion, stir until everything wilts.
- In the meantime, dice pear, cooked chicken, and the nuts.
- Add salt to taste to the skillet and remove from pan once wilted.
- Combine dressing ingredients by adding all to a blender and pulsing until smooth.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss well. Serve.