My mom is in town and nicknamed this dish “Sexy Carpaccio” 😂 While I’m not so sure I would consider this recipe sexy per se… it IS delicious, easy and beautiful aka a sure-fire way to impress your family or friends. It gets tossed together in a matter of minutes, making you the hostess who doesn’t need to spend too much time in the kitchen. I love the way the sweet and salty flavors contrast and know you guys will too!
Avocado Carpaccio with Toasted Walnuts, Cherries, and Kabocha Squash
- 1 avocado peeled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cherries pitted and halved
- 2 tbsp toasted walnuts chopped
- Fresh mint basil or lemongrass basil
- 1/3 cup roasted and chopped kabocha squash
- Using a mandolin, slice the avocado into very thin slices directly onto your serving plate.
- Sprinkle with salt and then scatter chopped and roasted kabocha squash on top.
- Add the pitted and halved cherries, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with toasted nuts.
- Finish with fresh basil, lemongrass basil or mint leaves. Serve cold and immediately.