When something goes viral, you know I have to put a Shayna’s Kitchen healthy touch on it… My Baked Feta Pasta with tomatoes, garlic and fresh basil is an easy, yet delicious comfort food meal that the whole family will love. Drizzle on some organic local honey to contrast feta’s signature saltiness with a simply sweet hint.
This recipe was so popular on TikTok that blocked feta sold out in Finland! I chose a goat’s milk variation as my tummy really doesn’t digest cow’s well. If you find yourself sensitive to cheese or cow milk, try goat’s or sheets’— the fat globules are easier to digest by most stomachs. If you try out this recipe, send me a photo or a message and trust me on this one… don’t miss out on that honey drizzle 🔥
Baked Feta Pasta with Tomatoes, Garlic and Basil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 1 block goat or sheep’s milk feta cheese
- 12 oz your choice of pasta; I used gluten-free fusilli from @jovialfoods
- Fresh basil for serving
- Salt pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tsp organic local honey
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In a baking dish, add the cherry tomatoes and garlic and toss well. Make space for the feta cheese block in the center. Drizzle with olive oil and season the entire dish with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to your preference.
- Bake dish for about 35-40 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to burst and the cheese starts to turn golden.
- As your dish bakes, bring a pot of water to a boil and prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta.
- When the cheese and tomato dish is finished baking, use a fork to mash the feta with the tomatoes and mix it until it turns into a crazy consistency. Add the pasta and combine. To serve, add desired amount to plate, top with fresh basil, red pepper flakes and a drizzle of honey.