Since last week’s post, I received so many messages about trying butterfly pea powder! Because it’s new to some of us, I figured I would offer you a second way I’ve been loving it!
It adds an awesome flavor to a simple chia pudding. Kids will love this for a snack, breakfast or dessert— it’s a gorgeous blue color without any of the fake sugar or dyes from the average yogurt or pudding. It’s a great fiber full meal that keeps you feeling satisfied and energized for the day and can be made in advance for an easy grab-and-go.
Butterfly Pea Powder Chia Pudding
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup nut milk or water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp alcohol free vanilla
- 1/2 tsp blue butterfly pea powder
- Desired toppings
- I have found that the best ratio for chia seeds to water is 1 tbsp chia to 1/4 cup milk or water. To make today’s larger batch, I doubled this to 2 tbsp chia/ 1/2 cup milk.
- Mix the seeds into the milk until it’s well incorporated. Make sure there are no clumps. Add in your vanilla extract, cinnamon and butterfly pea powder and stir well.
- Pop in the freezer after mixing and check on it in 10 minutes. Once it becomes a good pudding texture, either serve or store in the fridge. It should last covered in the fridge for about a week.