Chai spice is one of my all-time favorite flavor combinations so it was only a matter of time before I put a Chai spin on my famous banana bread. With a pile of browning bananas on my counter, I pulled out the cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and created such a delicious warming Fall recipe. I know I’ll be making this through Winter… it’s that good. From one rainy kitchen in Umbria, Italy to yours 🤍 Happy Fall baking! Xx
Chai Spiced Banana Bread
- 1.5 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs of Dose and Co. collagen optional
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or any dairy free milk
- 2 tbs of maple syrup
- 2 tbs of melted coconut oil
- 5-6 spotted bananas 4 mashed and 1-2 halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 100 % cocoa chocolate bar chopped
For sugar glaze:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix.
- Add wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add bananas to separate bowl and start to mash with a fork. Add almond butter and banana to bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add chocolate and fold in.
- In a sauce pan over the stove, add the water and coconut sugar and begin to whisk while on heat until it is a thick/ syrupy consistency
- Prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper and carefully pour mixture into baking tin. You can also split it into two tins like I did.
- Cut one or two bananas in half lengthwise and place on mixture in tin. Drizzle the coconut sugar syrup on top of the mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.