These soft and chewy tahini chocolate chip cookie bars are always a hit with my friends and family when I make them. They’re not too sweet and just baked long enough for that irresistible gooey center. The tahini adds a deliciously indulgent flavor but of course, they’re dairy, gluten and refined-sugar free. Serve warm with a side of ice cream or enjoy them plain with a sprinkle of sea salt!
Chewy Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 tsp alcohol free vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups packed fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp celtic salt
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips I like the brand Lily’s
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper (I used an 8×8).
- In a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, except for the chocolate chips. Mix until the dough forms and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Add dough to the parchment-lined pan and use a spatula or a hand to spread it evenly. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until edges are golden. I sprinkled with a bit of sea salt after!