Butternut squash and tomato pasta sauce… need I say more?! It’s the perfect way to add a TON of vegetables to a satisfying and creamy pasta dish. The silkiness of the squash makes for a creamy sauce, with no dairy necessary (except for some cheese on top because yuuum!) Sometimes a squash sauce can fall flat and dull but this one takes it up a notch with tomatoes, fresh herbs, and all the garlic-y goodness you can expect from a pasta sauce.
PS- yep, the pasta recipe is coming tomorrow! Hang tight. I can’t wait to share it because this combination is killer!
Creamy, Vegan Butternut Squash and Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 2 onions
- 1 butternut squash skin removed and chopped
- 2 cups of vined cherry tomatoes chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tbs of dried basil
- 1 tbs of dried garlic
- 3 tbs of every day garden seasoning
- 1/2 cup of organic dry white wine
- 3 cups of almond milk or any vegan milk
- 1.5 tbs of fresh rosemary minced
- 1.5 of fresh sage minced
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes removed from oil
- Sauté the onion over medium high heat in olive oil. Stirring occasionally, cook until fragrant, about five minutes.
- Stir in butternut squash and sauté for about 20 minutes.
- Add chopped cherry tomatoes and minced garlic- sauté for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add basil, garlic, dried garlic, fresh sage, fresh rosemary, and everyday seasoning. Stir.
- Add white wine and sauté for a final five minutes. Turn off heat and let cool slightly.
- Ladle a few spoonfuls into a blender with some of the almond milk and blend. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and blend until smooth. Pour back into a large pan over low heat. Continue blending with the almond milk until smooth and all of the squash mixture in blended. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Once your pasta is cooked, add to the sauce in the pan and stir to combine. Serve warm.