Made this recipe last weekend for our Valentine’s Day celebration and got so many DMs asking to share! This deep dish cookie and dairy-free vanilla ice cream was such a hit in our home and I know it will be in yours too! I’m really not sure if there has ever been a better combination than warm cookies and ice cream and I hope you enjoy this one! ♥️
You can also use my classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, just in the cast iron pan! I have a recipe up for a it here
Deep Dish Cookie with Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup date paste
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp alcohol free-vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp celtic salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips I used @lilys_sweets
- Ice cream— I used dairy-free option from @vanleeuwenicecream)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir all the ingredients together (minus the chocolate chips and ice cream). Combine well until it forms a dough.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a well greased cast iron pan. I used coconut oil to grease my pan.
- Bake at 350 until golden at the edges, but gooey in the middle— about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool a little bit and add ice cream. It’s even more delicious if you eat it right out of the cast iron dish! Enjoy ♥️