Salads don’t have to be boring! I don’t know at what point we all started thinking that a salad couldn’t be a fun meal but this one will definitely change your mind on that. These greens get a welcomed update from crunchy walnuts, watermelon radishes and roasted asparagus and broccoli. The various textures definitely separate this from any ordinary salad and the colors alone make it a great one for lunch by yourself or for your guests at a dinner party. Enjoy!
Delicious salad with roasted walnuts and gooseberries
- 1 bunch chopped frisee
- 1 large handful spinach chopped
- 1 bundle collard greens thinly chopped
- 1 large watermelon radish thinly chopped
- Gooseberries halved for garnish
- Basil leaves to taste minced
- 1 handful broccoli sprouts
- 1 cup roasted walnuts chopped
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp elderberry vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toast walnuts for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Place broccoli and asparagus on a pan sheet and roast until cooked through.
- Chop spinach and collard greens and toss with frisee.
- Thinly slice your radish, half your gooseberries and mince the basil leaves. Add all ingredients to a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Toss the salad with dressing, roasted vegetables and toasted walnuts.