Every time I ask you guys what you’d like to see recipe-wise, I always get tons of requests for easy side dishes. This stuffed acorn squash just roasts in the oven while you prepare everything else! As always, I’ll add this recipe to the site but will also post it here for easy finding 💛 Happy cooking, everybody!
Delicious Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 3 Swiss chard stems chopped
- 1 bunch of asparagus chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Chili flakes more if you like spice
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup cooked millet or rice
- 1/2 cup Hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup Roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh basil chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Acorn squash cut in half and de seeded.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (makes for easier clean up!)
- After halving and de-seeding your squash, drizzle olive oil on both sides of the squash. Place the squash halved sides down and bake until it is easily pierced through by a fork (usually between 30-45 minutes).
- In a pan, drizzle some olive oil and sauté onion until translucent.
- Add carrot and celery and cook for three minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and herbs.
- Pour in the apple cider vinegar and sesame seed oil and cook for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and add millet and toasted pumpkin seeds. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Once acorn squash is done roasting, remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cooled, flip over and stuff with filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!