Sometimes you just need to keep it simple for lunch and that’s exactly what this recipe is. My Dijon and Greens Toast with a Jammy Egg really hit the spot last week and when I asked if you guys wanted the recipe, it was an overwhelming yes. Because this dish is not hidden by fancy preparation, I recommend using high quality, organic ingredients as that will really make this shine. The dijon is my favorite part so make sure you don’t skimp on it! Enjoy.
Dijon and Greens Toast with Jammy Eggs
- 2 slices rye bread toasted
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 organic free range eggs
- Handful of mixed greens of your choice
- Olive oil cayenne, salt and pepper to taste
- Toast slices of bread.
- In a small saucepan on the stove, boil water. Using a slotted spoon, gently lower two eggs into the boiling water. Set a timer for six minutes (or longer, depending on how well cooked you’d like your eggs).
- In the meantime, spread Dijon mustard on the toast.
- Add the handful of mixed greens.
- Peel the eggs, and cut in half. Place on top of the greens on the toast.
- Drizzle olive oil over. Sprinkle cayenne, salt and pepper to taste.