This fall harvest caesar salad combines SO many great textures and flavors: tender roasted butternut squash, crunchy apples, sweet dates, freshly shaved brussel sprouts, toasted maple pecans and (of course!) a dairy-free caesar dressing. I mean just check out the colors in this salad and tell me you don’t want to serve this at your Thanksgiving feast! Enjoy!
Fall Harvest Vegan Caesar Salad
For the squash:
- 1 large butternut squash cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
For the salad:
- 16 oz brussel sprouts trimmed and shaved
- 1 small pomegranate
- 1 honeycrisp apple sliced thin
- 1/2 cup dates chopped and pitted
- Shaved manchego— measure with your heart 😉
For the pecans:
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1 tsp organic maple syrup
- Celtic salt
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp capers minced (pro tip- I used a garlic press!)
- 1 tsp caper brine just from the jar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Water to thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the butternut squash. Cubed and toss well with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast at 350F for 30 minutes or until fork tender, flipping hallway through.
- In the meantime, prepare the salad, shaving, chopping and layering in.
- You can toast your pecans at the same time as the squash on a different baking sheet— just toss with the maple and salt and toast until crisp and golden— usually about 10 minutes.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Once the squash is cooled a bit, assemble the salad, and pour in the salad dressing. Toss well to combine.