Roasted chicken and veggies, toasted pumpkin seeds and fresh pomegranate… what is NOT to love about this delicious fall salad? This dish has a great combination of healthy fats, protein, carbs and don’t even get me started on the FLAVOR! I know I’ll be making this at least once a week for the rest of the season 🍂
Flavorful Fall Salad
- 2-4 large handfuls of mixed lettuce chopped
- Large handful for parsley minced
- Large handful of dill minced
- Large handful of tarragon minced
- Large handful of basil minced
- 1/2 cup Toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 of one fresh pomegranate
- 1 bunch of Asparagus chopped into small pieces
- 1 head of Broccoli chopped into small pieces
- 1 large or 2 small Sweet potato’s chopped small
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- Organic chicken breast
For the Chicken Rub:
- Walnut oil or olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Dried oregano
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss veggies with olive oil, lemon and herbs.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake on 375 for 20 min or until veggies are cooked.
- While baking, prepare chicken by mixing spices together. Drizzle oil on the chicken and then rub the spices al over. Bake on 375 for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Whisk together your dressing.
- Add lettuce and herbs together. Add in the dressing and toss well. Divide into 2 large plates.
- Add the roasted veggies on top.
- Cut the boiled egg in half and add on top.
- Now add the roasted chicken.
- Lastly top with pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!