Fresh & Delicious Broccoli Soup
What do you do when you have too much produce to use up before it goes bad? My trick is to toss it all into a large batch of warm, comforting soup! This recipe started as a way to use up my broccoli and spinach, but quickly turned in to an easy and delicious staple for us in quarantine
- 1 broccoli head large, cut into small florets
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 large bunch of parsley
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 large bunch of tarragon
- 1/2 of a jalapeño
- 3 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Coconut cream to garnish
- Heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil in a large pan. Add chopped carrots, onion, spinach and celery and cook raw vegetables for around 8 minutes.
- Add in broth over medium heat, and then let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add in parsley, garlic, tarragon, and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and let cool a bit, before transferring to a blender. Blend until creamy.
- Pour blender back into the pot and stir until warm.
- To plate, add to a bowl and add coconut cream for garnish.