Because so many of you have been loving my chicken dishes lately, I wanted to share one of my all time favorite chicken recipes with you ahead of your busy week! My Fresh Vegetable Salad with Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans and Chicken is a dish that I’ve been making for years and finally took the time to record and write down this recipe. I know that many of us are just looking for easy and delicious weeknight meals so read the ingredients and plan to make it next week! My fave part is the dressing… the lemon and the ginger add so much brightness and it contrasts beautifully with the sun-dried tomatoes. It’s just sooo delicious! As always, if you make any of my recipes be sure to let me know how much the family loves it! Xx
Fresh Vegetable Salad with Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans and Chicken
Ingredients for chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Mixed dried herbs I used a blend from Hatton Hill that was dried garlic, parsley, thyme, onion powder, bay leaves, oregano, basil and rosemary
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon juiced
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 sundried tomatoes
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- Dash of the oil from the sundried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp parsley
Ingredients for the salad
- Mixed lettuce use your favorite
- Green beans
- Purple broccoli
- Small potatoes – roasted with salt pepper and herbs de Provence
- Orange cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 375F. In a bowl, add the chicken breasts, olive oil, dried herbs, cayenne, salt and pepper and lemon juice. Toss well to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the chicken in a single layer on one side of the pan. On the other side, add the broccoli and drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper and roast for 15-20 minutes, deepening on the thickness of the chicken. You can also use a thermometer and you’ll know it’s finished when it reached 165F.
- On a separate pan, arrange the potatoes in a single layer, drizzle on olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs de Provence. Toss to combine. Roast in the oven at 375F, using a potholder to shake the pan and flip the potatoes halfway. Mine were tender after around 20 minutes.
- To prepare the salad dressing, add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- In the meantime, prepare the green beans by boiling a pot of water on the stove. Cook until just tender and remove from the water and add to a bowl of ice water to blanch. This will prevent sogginess and help the green beans to maintain their color and crunch.
- Add lettuce to the bowl, add the vegetables and drizzle on the dressing. Add the sliced chicken on top and enjoy.