My inbox was overloaded with messages this weekend of you guys trying some of my soup recipes (SO happy you’re loving them!) Here’s another incredible idea for anyone looking to add more greens in in an easy and delicious way! Introducing my Ginger and Mint Broccoli Pea Soup. It feels lighter and more fresh than your traditional green soup, thanks to the generous amounts of fresh ginger, basil and mint leaves. As always, if you guys make any of my recipes, be sure to send me photos of reviews— I LOVE hearing from you!
Ginger and Mint Broccoli Pea Soup
- 3 heads of broccoli
- 2 cups green peas
- 2 inch fresh ginger grated
- 4 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 10 mint leaves
- 4 large basil leaves or 6 small basil leaves
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Add broccoli, peas, grated ginger and broth to pot and bring to simmer until vegetables are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Turn off heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a high-powered blender.
- Add 2 large handfuls of spinach, mint and basil. Also add the lemon juice and almond milk (or coconut).
- Blend until smooth. Serve warm and store leftovers in a covered container in the fridge.