If you have been looking for a gluten-free bread recipe that doesn’t compromise on taste or texture, then you have come to the right place. This artisan-style bread recipe is made with a combination of nutritious and flavorful ingredients, including teff flour, almond flour, and psyllium husk powder. The recipe also includes some pumpkin seeds for an extra crunch and nutrition boost.
By using this gluten-free bread recipe, you can enjoy all the benefits of bread without worrying about gluten allergies or intolerances. This recipe is also corn-free, making it a great option for those with corn allergies.
Without further ado, let’s get started on making this delicious gluten-free artisan-style bread!
Gluten-Free Artisan Bread
- 3 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 1 cup teff flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 5 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp corn free baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbs pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- In a bowl, combine the psyllium husk powder and water and whisk well. It will become thick and gel-like. Set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Measure all the dry ingredients and add them to a large bowl. Preheat the oven to 390 °F.
- Add the psyllium gel mixture and olive oil to the dry-ingredient bowl and knead the ingredients with your hands. You could also use a stand mixer with the dough hook. Knead for about 5-10 minutes or enough for the dough to come together.
- If the dough appears too wet, sprinkle it with 1-2 Tbsp tapioca flour. If it feels too dry, add a little more water.
- Shape the dough into a round or rectangular loaf. Roll in the pumpkin seeds and place in a Dutch oven, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes. Then remove the lid and bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
What do you think?