The other day I was really craving a salad but didn’t exactly have the largest variety of ingredients in my fridge. So I came up with this: My Green Salad with Sweet Potato and Toasted Almonds and was so pleasantly surprised. One of my friends staying with me now is a vegan so I’ve been loving the challenge to create more plant-based dishes. But regardless of if you’re vegan or not, I truly believe everyone will love this recipe and especially this dressing. It feels hearty from the sautéed sweet potato but you can always opt in to add a protein if you desire. Enjoy! Xx
Green Salad with Sweet Potato and Toasted Almonds
- 1 sweet potato cubed
- Bundle of green beans cut off ends
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups mixed lettuce
- 2 tbs Hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp Goats yogurt
- 8 tbs Olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon
- 1 tsp Ginger grated
- 2 tbs basil minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté sweet potato with a dash of olive oil and salt to taste. Cook until fork-tender with the lid on.
- Bring a generous amount of salted water to a boil, add green beans. Quickly cook the green beans until just tender. Fill a bowl with ice water and after cooking, add the green beans to the ice water to blanch and stop the cooking process.
- Add lettuce to bowl
- Add cooked green beans and sweet potato.
- In a s skillet, sauté chopped almonds till crispy and then sprinkle on top of salad.
- Prepare dressing by placing all ingredients in a container and whisking or shaking to combine.
- Drizzle dressing on top. Sprinkle hemp seeds and enjoy
What do you think?