I love closing off my weekend with a healthy meal. I decided to switch up my normal fish recipe and made a halibut patty-style burger with a raddichio bun. It was so tasty and so filling!
Healthy Halibut Burger Patties
- 2 pieces of wild caught halibut
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp chives
- Salt pepper to taste
- 1 organic egg
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs you can use almond or coconut flour if you don’t have bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour if still watery after bread crumbs add more flour or breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried or fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- 1.5- 2 tsp organic Dijon mustard
- Mince halibut into small pieces
- Add halibut to bowl
- Add in dill, chives, paprika, salt & paper, egg, bread crumbs, and coconut flour if needed. Mix well.
- Wearing gloves (suggested) form halibut into burger sized patties
- Option 1) either seer in a pan with ghee, coconut oil or avocado oil on medium high heat, cover pan with lid for at least 2 min on each side. Option 2) add to baking sheet, sprinkle with oil and and bake on 325 for 15- 18 min depending on thickness of patty.
- Use gluten free bun, butter lettuce, raddicho or any hardy sized leaf for bun substitute
- Eat with your favorite condiment (Dijon mustard, hot sauce, or tater sauce
- Can eat with any side salad. I chose to make one with kale & spinach with roasted walnuts and a homemade dressing (walnut oil, elderberry vinegar, ginger vinegar, agave, salt and pepper.