With the Holiday season right around the corner, I wanted to share a few of my favorite fall recipes. This soup is perfect whether you’re cooking for a holiday party or just a night in with your friends! Enjoy xx
Healthy Holiday Pumpkin Soup
Ingredients for Pumpkin Soup
- 1 sugar pie pumpkin
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 whole oinion chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 large garlic cloves or 5 small cloves
- 2 inches freshly grated ginger fresh
- 2 tbsp Coconut cream for soup extra for garnish
- 2-3 tbsp organic maple syrup to your liking
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/16 tsp Ground sage
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/16 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Fennel seeds whole
- 1/16 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tumeric powder
- Salt and paper to taste use Celtic salt
Pumpkin seeds ingredients
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Large tbsp honey or maple syrup if you prefer
- 1/8 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/8 pumpkin spice
- pince of salt and pepper
Pumpkin soup Instructions
- Add coconut oil into the pan, turn pan onto med-high heat.
- Add carrots and cook for 2 minutes, then add onions and cook for 3 min.
- Add in all seasonings, then add in garlic and ginger, add in roasted pumpkin (or if using a can use pumpkin pure)- for fresh pumpkin cook for around 2 minutes, stirring consistently
- Add in vegetable or chicken broth, bring to a simmer, and cook 10 minutes or until pumpkin is fully cooked
- Remove from heat, let cool for 1 minute, add into vitamix or any bender until pureed. While blending on a lower setting, add in 2 tbsp of organic coconut cream.
- Transfer to a bowl, serve with roasted pumpkin seeds, kale, and coconut cream
** if soup seems too thick, feel free to add any vegan milks or vegetable or chicken broth and blend until desired consistency.
Pumpkin seed instructions
- if using whole pumpkin, rinse and dry seeds
- Add to a bowl with coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Spread on baking sheet with parchment paper
- Bake on 350 for 15-20 min or until golden brown
For kale topping
- 1 bunch organic kale, washed dried and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot minced
- 2 tbsp seseme seeds
For kale instructions
- Add olive oil into pan and saute shallot for 1 min
- Add kale, add salt and pepper, cook until wilted
- Add sesame seeds and set aside to top for soup later.