Was Saturday night pizza night for anyone else growing up? My quarantine crew and I are having a bit of a pizza party over here in LA. Here’s a great recipe for a cauliflower pizza crust that even your pickiest of eaters will love. Enjoy!
Homemade Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1.5 pounds cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese or 1/3 cup soft cheese— I used goat’s.
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Stem your cauliflower and grate the heads using a food processor or grater until small and rice-like.
- Salute your cauliflower rice in a pan for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Let it cool.
- Drain the cauliflower using a nut milk bag or a thin, clean kitchen towel. Squeeze until all of the excess moisture is out of the cauliflower.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the drained cauliflower rice, cheese, egg and seasoning. Use your hands to combine together, until it forms a dough.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, form the dough into a large, even circle. The diameter should be around 9 inches, but this depends on how crispy you like your crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the crust over and bake for an additional 5-10 or until slightly golden.
- Add desired toppings and bake for 10 minutes. I topped mine with homemade pesto sauce, artichoke hearts, caramelized onions and spinach but use what you have! Enjoy 🙂