Meet my newest obsession: flax milk. You guys know I don’t tolerate dairy well so if there’s a plant-based milk, I’m definitely trying it. I recently started consuming more and more flax milk and wanted to tell you guys about its benefits, as well as my personal experience with it.
Flax milk is a great milk alternative that contains no cholesterol or fat. It is fortified with vitamins and minerals like vitamins A, B12 and D, as well as calcium and those great omega-3 fatty acids. I would say this is a GREAT option for those allergic to nuts who are still looking for dairy free alternatives.
I personally like flax milk because it has helped my body fight my overgrowth of yeast (which has reaaaally helped my skin). It also has helped me to feel less bloated and become more regular. Flax milk is also known to help balance hormones so if you’re struggling with any of these issues, I’d definitely consider adding flax milk to your daily diet.
Homemade Flax Milk
- 1/4 cup whole flaxseeds or 1/3 cup flaxseed feel
- 3 cups water
- A pinch of ceylon cinnamon
- A dash of alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender. Blend for 10-15 seconds.
- Let it sit in the container for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, the seeds and milk will separate and you can scoop out the remaining husks and fibers.
- After straining the top layer, you can run it through a nut bag to strain the last bit of flaxseed out!