This week I was baking with a girlfriend and the recipe called for almond butter. I had just used the last of it! My friend was so bummed we couldn’t finish the recipe and then it occurred to me— some people don’t know how EASY homemade nut butters are to make! You can whip this up in a matter of minutes in a pinch or if you’re like me, make it every few weeks to ensure you always have fresh nut butter in the fridge!
Homemade Nut Butter
- 2 cups raw almonds**▵
- 2 cups pecans**
- Filtered water boiling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add nuts to a large glass bowl. Cover with boiling water and let soak for about 30 minutes (or 45 of you have time).
- Strain nuts from water and place on a sheet.
- Roast nuts for around 10-15 minutes (or until golden brown and crispy). Roasting the nuts brings about a more intense flavor.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place in food processor and blend for 5-10 minutes until you get a creamy consistency. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge.