Matcha and chai is one of the best combinations ever. The spiciness of the chai really works to highlight the subtle sweetness of my Morning Ritual matcha. Maca and matcha is an ideal pair as they’re both superfoods packed with antioxidants. In fact, I can’t imagine a better combination for both the health benefits and the delicious flavor. While I love a classic matcha latte, I know you’ll love this special, rich, warm and spicy version this winter!
Maca Vanilla Chai Matcha Latte
- 2 chai tea bags
- Filtered boiling water
- 1 cup vegan milk of choice I use almond
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1/2-1 tbsp date sugar or sweetener of choice
- Dash of ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2-1 tsp Morning Ritual matcha
- Heat water until boiling. In a mug, place two tea bags and 1/4 cup of boiling water. Steep the tea bags for around 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, add milk, vanilla, maca, cinnamon, and sugar to a milk frother and froth. You can also whisk these ingredients together on the stove until warm and frothy.
- Once the chai is steeped, remove the bags. Sift matcha powder into the chai tea and whisk until smooth and free of clumps.
- When the milk is heated, pour into the mug with the whisked chai matcha and enjoy hot.