Tequila is my jam. I’m not a vodka drinker because doesn’t sit well with me. So, I stick to the good stuff made from agave. That’s how this “Shaygarita” thing came about. I used to host Taco Tuesdays at my house, and each time I would come up with some new fun margarita. My friends and family loved it, & here we are 5 years later, still going strong. I’m sure you will see me post lots of good margarita recipes in the future, especially for summertime!
For this recipe, you will need a shaker, muddler, and your favorite silver tequila!
My Signature Cucumber | Basil | Ginger "Shaygarita"
- 1 cucumber juiced in a juicer (I used my Breville juicer)
- 4 in of fresh ginger root juiced in a juicer
- Lots of fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup *honey water
- 1 lime juiced
- Add 4-5 basil leaves into the shaker and muddle until leaves are mashed into small pieces.
- Add ice and add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Shake well and add over ice in a glass.
- Top with Basil leaves and a slice of cucumber.