As the days get shorter and the nights a little chillier, I find myself reaching for dinners that are warm and comforting for Fall nights at home. Seasoned with just a little olive oil and a sprinkle of spices, these carrots’ natural sweetness really shine in this side dish. This is also a great place to start if you’re looking to get a little more adventurous with your roasted carrots— add a touch of honey, cinnamon or coconut sugar to make a sweet glaze. I added a sprinkle of fresh thyme at the end for an herb-y and fresh flavor!
Paprika Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- 5 large carrots
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Optional: fresh thyme for sprinkling and garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Peel the carrots and slice into long pieces.
- Transfer the carrots to a parchment lined baking sheet and add the oil and spices. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the carrots are fork-tender. I added a bit of fresh thyme after roasting but this step is optional!