While I’m a firm believer in actually eating pasta, I know sometimes you might look for something a bit lighter. My Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Gluten-Free Garlic Bread is absolutely perfect for a comforting but not-too-heavy meal that packs a punch in terms of flavor. You can use store-bought pesto to make it a one and done or make a homemade sauce for extra flavor— I’ve tried them both and you just can’t miss!
Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Gluten-Free Garlic Bread
- 2 spaghetti squash halved
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ tsp celtic salt plus more to taste
- 2 cups fresh basil packed
- 2 cups spinach packed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil more may be needed
- Red pepper flakes to taste
For the garlic bread:
- 2-4 slices gluten free bread
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp goat’s ghee
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp flat-leaf parsley minced
- Pinch of celtic salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, remove the seeds and roast cut side down until fork tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and raise to 400F.
- Prepare pesto by adding all ingredients to a food processor and blend until combined. Add olive oil as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Use a fork to separate the cooked squash into “noodles” and set aside. Over medium heat, add the squash to a pan and pour the pesto on top. Mix well and serve hot.
- Cut gluten free bread into slices.
- In a small bowl, add garlic, ghee, Italian seasoning, parsley, and salt and mix until combined. Spread a thick layer on the bread.
- Once the oven has hit 400F, add the garlic bread and bake for around 8 minutes or until golden brown. Flip to broil and broil for a minute or two.