As some of you might have heard, I recently had the incredible opportunity to be featured on a TV segment in Nashville. We whipped up a delightful olive oil cake featuring my single estate, organic Olive Oil, paired with zesty orange citrus and fragrant rosemary. Beyond the deliciousness, we dove into the health benefits of olive oil and shared tips on distinguishing good vs. bad olive oils while navigating the supermarket aisles. Olive oil isn’t just a cooking ingredient—it’s a game-changer with incredible health perks! Watch the whole video on my Youtube.
2 1/4 cups Gluten Free flour Blend ** see attached recipe**
1 3/4 cups Monk Fruit sugar or coconut sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Celtic salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/3 cups Shayna’s Kitchen extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/4 cups almond milk or vegan milk of your choice
3 large organic eggs
Zest of 1 whole orange
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
Slices of one whole orange and lemon
1/4 cup of orange extract
Two long rosemary tuffs (leaves removed) chopped
Gluten Free flour blend
1 1/2cups brown rice flour
1/2cup potato starch
1/4cup white rice flour
1/4cup tapioca flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil or butter in a 10” baking pan (also 2” in height). Line the bottom with a circle of parchment (grease the whole pan first, as it will help hold the parchment in place).
2. Whisk together GF flour, Monk fruit sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Whisk together olive oil, almond milk, eggs, orange zest, orange juice, and orange extract.
4. Add the dry ingredients and whisk until completely smooth and combined.
5. For the final bake of the cake place slices of oranges and lemon, with springs of rosemary, at the bottom of the pan and pour the cake batter on top. Let the cake bake for 1 hr.
6. Let it cool in a pan for 30 minutes before running a thin knife or spatula around the sides to loosen, then turning it out onto a pan to cool completely for at least 2 hours or overnight.