Roasted Asparagus & Kabocha Squash Salad
I love this salad for the variety of textures— each bite is a little different! This salad is chopped finely, making tossing this one a breeze. A trick to making any salad more filling is roasting some veggies and throwing those in. Even if you don’t use it all, I love to store the extra in my fridge for an easy side dish later in the week!
- 5 cups of spinach
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 medium kabocha squash
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup broccoli sprouts
- Dressing ingredients
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp peach vinegar if you can’t find this, you can sub for apple cider vinegar no problem!
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Clean and chop asparagus. Toss with some olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 12-15 minutes.
- Raise your oven temperature to 400 F. Cut your squash into thirds and scoop out the seeds. Toss your squash thirds in some coconut or walnut oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Flipping halfway through, roast for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Chop your greens finely and arrange your other salad ingredients. Toss well and enjoy!