As the warm weather quickly approaches, I know many of us are looking for easy dishes to take to summer parties and events. This plate looks very intricate and impressive, but the only real work you need to do is pushing the button on the food processor! It will definitely make an appearance at most of my dinner parties, all summer long. Enjoy!
Roasted Carrot & Endive Appetizer
Ingredients for plating
- 3 endive bunches
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- 1/2 cup sprouts
Ingredients for the dip
- 1.5 lbs carrots washed and chopped into 1 in cubes
- 1/4 cup organic tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the pumpkin seeds and walnuts for around 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
- After washing and chopping the carrots, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the carrots evenly. Roast for 40-45 minutes, or under soft.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and let cool slightly. Transfer the carrots to a food processor, adding remaining dip ingredients. Blend, adding oil until you reach the desired smooth consistency.
- Cut the end of the endive and lay on a serving platter. Using a spoon, fill the endive with the carrot dip. Top with sprouts and toasted walnuts for some crunch!