This one is simple, but man, is it GOOD! Hummus gets an update as we swap out chickpeas for some delicious sautéed kale. The lemon and garlic really balance it out— make it this weekend for Labor Day festivities (I know the whole fam is going to LOVE it!)
Savory Kale Hummus
- 1 white onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3/4 of a bundle of kale
- 1/2 cup organic tahini
- 2 whole lemons juiced
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp almonds
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Salt pepper and cayenne powder to taste
- Add oil into a pan with diced onions. Cook on medium for 5 minutes. Add in minced garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, devein and chop your washed kale. Add in chopped kale and cook until withered.
- Let this pan cool.
- In a high powered blender, add in 5 tbsp of olive oil, the juice of 2 whole lemons, tahini, nuts and the kale mixture.
- Blend on high. Add more olive oil as needed to reach desired consistency.
- I served mine with organic rainbow carrots but this would be delicious on sandwiches, toasts, or with any other veggies you usually have with hummus!