This salad may look simple, but it definitely isn’t lacking in flavor. My bitter greens are flourishing in my garden and I was so excited to finally use them in a meal! I also wanted to include this simple trick of searing the radicchio and arranging the endive— it really creates a beautiful and elegant presentation, perfect for your next dinner party or just a meal at home for yourself!
Seared Radicchio Salad
- 4-5 cups mixed bitter greens
- 1/3 cup celery leaves chopped
- 2 heads of radicchio
- 4 endive bunches
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts
- 1/2 tsp grated horseradish
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp elderberry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a cast iron skillet, heat 1 tbsp of avocado oil
- Add the radicchio and sear both sides
- Remove from heat
- Assemble salad with 4-5 cups of mixed bitter greens (I used some from my garden!) and 1/3 cup of chopped celery leaves.
- Chop seared radicchio and add to salad bowl.
- Sprinkle on nuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, elderberry vinegar, maple syrup, and olive oil to make the dressing.
- Toss all of your salad ingredients together with dressing