Shaved Fennel + Asparagus Salad with Leek, Arugula, and Lemon Thyme
- 1 large leek white part only
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 5 oz fresh arugula
- 1 bundle asparagus woody ends removed + chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon thyme or sub regular thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Celtic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 cup sprouted almonds toasted and chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- Thinly slice the white part of the leek. Sauté in 3 tbsp of the olive oil until golden and wilted— about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, core and shave the fennel bulb with a mandolin (or sharp knife) and cut the asparagus into small pieces.
- To your serving bowl, add lemon juice, lemon thyme, salt, pepper, coriander, and whisk in 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the arugula, cooled sautéed leeks, asparagus, and shaved fennel. Toss well.
- Add in chopped almonds and sliced avocado.
What do you think?