Nut butters are something I like to make once a month to put on top of my delicious GF bread, put in Ryans morning oatmeal, or literally just eat spoons fulls of it straight from the jar. Its much easier then you would think to make your own. PLUS you know everything thats in it. 🙂
Simple Homemade Pecan Butter
- 12 ounces roughly chopped raw pecans about 2½ cups
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon or to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange pecans in a single layer. Toast them until they start to smell amazing, about 5 minutes. Reserve to cool.
- Once pecans are cool, transfer them to a strong blender (like vitamix or Blendtec) or a food processor, and add the remaining ingredients. Blend on medium to medium-high speed for about 50 seconds or until desired consistency is reached or in a food processor, it will take a little longer (5 to 20 minutes depending on how strong your blender is.
- Transfer the pecan butter to a glass container and allow it to cool fully before storing it in the fridge.
Random health fact about pecans: Pecan nuts are an excellent source of vitamin-E, vitamin-A, zinc, folate and phosphorous which play an important role in maintaining good skin.