Spring Salad with Peas, Asparagus, Quinoa and Fresh Herbs
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped into pieces with woody ends removed
- 2 cups peas
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup almond sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup sprouts of your liking
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa and prepare to package directions until fluffy and cooked.
- Boil chopped asparagus and peas until cooked al dente. Remove from heat and blanch in ice water to finish the cooking process.
- Add the cooked quinoa and blanched veggies to a bowl. Add chopped fresh herbs, sprouts, almonds, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and mix well. Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- When plating, finish with more almond and lemon zest. Enjoy!
What do you think?