Summer Pea and Grapefruit Salad
It’s officially starting to feel like summer! I sat with the dogs in the backyard for a mini summer picnic this afternoon and enjoyed my lunch. This salad has it all— grapefruit, peas, radicchio and a tangy delicious dressing! You’ll love it!
- 1 head white radicchio chopped
- 2 large handfuls of spinach chopped
- 1/2 kabocha squash roasted and diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup peas blanched
- 2 whole grapefruits veins removed
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp minced mint
- 1 tbsp minced tarragon
- 1 tbsp minced dill
- 1 tbsp minced basil
- Ingredients for the dressing
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 2 grapefruits
- Chop all salad ingredients into small bite sized pieces and assemble in a large bowl. Squeeze two grapefruits over the bowl that you will make your dressing and set aside. Devein the grapefruits and chop, adding them to the salad.
- For the dressing, whisk together the oils into the grapefruit juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
What do you think?