Summer Salad with Blueberries, Almonds and a Zesty Herb Dressing
For the salad:
- 1 bunch lettuce
- 1 small bunch kale
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup toasted almonds chopped
- Optional: 1 cup sorrel sprouts depending on availability
For the dressing
- 1 cup whole leaf parsley
- 1 cup whole leaf basil
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 dates pitted
- Salt to taste
- Chop lettuce into bite sized pieces. Remove rind from kale and massage with a drizzle of olive oil. Once massaged, add to large salad bowl with lettuce.
- Add in washed blueberries and chopped sprouted almonds.
- Add in sorrel sprouts and toss well.
- Prepare salad dressing by adding all ingredients to a blender or blending with a handheld immersion blender.
- Add in dressing and toss to combine.