Sharing the first of my spooky Fall cocktails with you tonight just in time for the weekend! This drink is fun mix of silver tequila, apple cider and a dash of those autumnal spices we all know and love. I made it as a single cocktail but if you’re in need of something for a Halloween get together, I think it would be absolutely delicious batched in a punch bowl!
Tequila & Spiced Cider Cocktail
For the cider
- 4 cups pure unsweetened organic apple juice
- 2 4 ” cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
For the cocktail
- 2 oz of homemade apple cider recipe listed above
- 1.5 oz silver tequila
- Maple syrup to taste
- Sparkling mineral water
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
- To make the cider, place all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. The longer you simmer, the stronger the flavor will be.
- Once the cider is made, set aside and let cool. I actually store it in my fridge until I’m ready to make cocktails or use it in other fun fall dishes.
- To make the cocktail, add ice to a cocktail shaker. Add 2 oz of the cider, the tequila and maple syrup to your liking. Shake well and pour into a glass.
- Finish the drink with sparkling water. I garnished with a cinnamon stick, dash of ground cinnamon and a fig (because I had one) but I also think an apple slice would be an elegant presentation!