Granola is one of those foods that is often “greenwashed”— a marketing technique that is used to give the consumer the impression that their products are healthy, environmentally friendly or “all-natural”… when in reality, it’s often not! While granola can be a great addition to some meals, store-bought granola is often loaded with fake sugars and oils you don’t need.
Enter my go-to granola recipe! I’ll often make a batch and store in my pantry or fridge for use throughout the week. I love to top my chia pudding with it or just have a handful for a light, but filling snack. I’m actually oat-intolerant so if you or your family members are too, this is a great recipe to have on hand!
The Best Grain-Free Granola
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup dried golden berries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tbsp chrolella powder
- 1/2 tbsp celtic salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until combined (but still chunky!)
- Transfer to a parchment lined rimmed pan and spread even.
- Bake your granola for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Toss twice throughout baking to prevent burning.