Spring is finally here! Although it may not feel like it, here’s an excellent way to celebrate the season in the comfort of your own home. This dish features a delicious brunch medley of asparagus, fennel and roasted sweet potato. Top all your veggies off with an egg and you have a filling, easy and beautiful springtime brunch recipe.
The Perfect Spring Medley: Eggs, Asparagus and Sweet Potato
- 1 large sweet potato thinly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 1/4 fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 2 red radishes thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 handfuls of micro greens
- Preheat your oven to 400 F and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the sweet potatoes thinly (about 1/4 inch thick)— I used about four for each plate.
- Spread the sweet potato thins on your parchment, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes. Flip, and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until tender.
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, slice the fennel and radishes thinly.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté the asparagus until cooked al dente. Remove from heat.
- Fry two organic eggs over easy.
- To plate: arrange four slices of sweet potato. Sprinkle on micro greens, radish slices and fennel. Add asparagus, eggs and additional micro greens. Season with salt and pepper and finish it off with a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!