As soup season approaches quickly, I wanted to share this SUPER simple way to add a little crunch and texture to an otherwise plain soup. I also add these toasted pumpkin seeds to salads and keep them on hand for easy snacking. I wanted to share BOTH my sweet and savory recipes for them— enjoy!
PS, here’s a pro tip: if your seeds become soft before you can eat them all, simply set oven to 325F and bake again for around 5 minutes. They will crisp back up as if you made them fresh that day!
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds: Sweet AND Savory Recipes!
Ingredients for sweet cinnamon pumpkin seeds:
- 3 cups pumpkin seeds dry— with orange stringy bits removed
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp alcohol free vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp celtic salt
Ingredients for savory pumpkin seeds:
- 3 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp celtic salt
- Remove seeds from pumpkins and rinse well under water. Using paper towels, dry them off well.
- Preheat oven to 325F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together ingredients (depending on which version you’re making) and toss the seeds well to distribute the flavor evenly.
- Spread pumpkin seeds on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes.
- To see if they are done, remove a few seeds and set aside to cool. If they harden when cooled, they’re finished. If they stay soft, return for oven and check again after 5 minutes.