Let’s make tzatziki! This dip has always been one of my favorites— it’s that delicious herby yogurt and cucumber sauce you order at your local Greek restaurant (and worry about pronouncing right 😂). I assume everyone is familiar with this dip on gyros, falafel, salads and as a side with pita chips and veggies, but did you know you can make it at home? My recipe is refreshing, flavorful and easy— perfect for those longer for summer in the middle of January!
Traditional Tzatziki with Goat’s Milk Yogurt, Fresh Herbs and Cucumber
- 1.5 cup 100% goat’s milk greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large cucumbers diced finely
- 2 tbsp fresh dill minced
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop herbs and cucumber very finely.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mash together with a fork until your desired consistency is reached.
- Serve cold and store refrigerated and covered for up to 4 days.