It’s cold, it’s winter and it’s also the perfect time to make my Turmeric Chicken Thai Veggie Soup. The idea is that it’s a basic chicken soup, but brightened up with turmeric, fresh ginger, coconut cream and delicious spices! Cozying up to a big bowl for lunch warmed up my afternoon and I already am looking forward to the leftovers for dinner! Enjoy this recipe Xx
Turmeric Chicken Thai Veggie Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 large carrots peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped (omit if vegan/vegetarian)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp celtic salt
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 3 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk around 13.5 oz
- 1 head kale fibrous core removed and chopped
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, add the coconut oil and melt. Add in the chopped onion and sauté until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots, celery, and garlic and sauté until softened (about 3-5 minutes)
- In a separate pan, cook the chicken over coconut oil with salt and pepper until all sides are browned and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the chicken to the soup pot, and the remaining ingredients. Stir well and cover. I simmered mine for about an hour, but you can simmer for at least 30 minutes if on a time crunch. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.