Breakfast foods are one of my favorite categories of recipes so it was only time before I shared the Ultimate Healthy Breakfast Sandwich. There’s something so comforting and classic about a warm breakfast sandwich and I swapped in some delicious gluten-free sourdough and turkey bacon. I also ramped up the flavor factor with spicy arugula, fresh chives, and some @sietefoods hot sauce for a match made in heaven. Best of all? It can be made in under 10 minutes, making this an easy, filling and delightful breakfast option. Enjoy!
Ultimate Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 slices gluten-free sourdough bread
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 1/4 heirloom tomato sliced thin
- 2 eggs
- Hot sauce
- Avocado oil mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook turkey bacon according to package directions.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl with salt and pepper and add to a pan over medium heat. Stirring consistently, scramble the eggs until they’re cooked to your liking.
- Toast your bread.
- To one side of the toasted bread, layer on the mashed avocado, cooked bacon, tomato, scrambled eggs and hot sauce. To the other side, add the mayonnaise and chives and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut in half and serve warm.
What do you think?