Valentine’s Day Dinner for two coming right up! With V-Day falling on a weekday this year, I wanted to give you guys a recipe that is quick and easy but also memorable and delicious! Of course you can make this salmon any night of the week, but I love fish for romantic dinners because it’s delicious and seems a little more “special” than ordinary chicken or beef. What are your Valentine’s Day plans?
Valentines Day Salmon for Two!
- 2 6- ounce wild salmon filets
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 lb butternut squash
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp celtic salt
- 1 large bunch of kale stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 large handful dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Place salmon filets on parchment paper a few inches apart.
- Whisk together syrup, mustard and spices in a small bowl. Brush sauce over the salmon filets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until salmon can easily flake with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Toss cubed butternut squash with olive oil and spices. Spread the cubes on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash and chop your kale, removing the stems.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together oil, orange juice, vinegar, honey, dijon and salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over kale and allow kale to absorb some of the excess dressing. Once the squash is finished roasting, add cubes to the salad and toss.
- Add dried cherries and sliced almonds and serve.